Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Period 1 - Semester Final

1 and 2: My favorite picture from the September 23rd (14) lens slideshow is picture number 9.

For these reasons I had to pick number 9:

1. The nature on top is greatly emphasized, rather than the nature behind the Deer and Bird. This is what a truly amazing photographer can accomplish
2. This picture isn't a bland picture of a person doing a certain task, instead it displays a mysterious feeling that no ordinary picture could have
3. One of the rules of Photography is "Balancing Elements." In this picture, the bird sitting on the deer is the main focus, as well as some of the shrubbery on top. The picture clearly shows what part of the picture is in the spotlight.

3:                                                                                                     http://yuuchyhongroy.blogspot.com/

 I would have to say my best work in this class would be my "Album Cover Remake" assignment. I decided this was my best work because I applied everything I learned from this class, and observing pictures in the morning every day. I also tried my best to add huge amounts of exposure to the picture, which was a single banana, which I have not done in previous assignments due to lack of knowledge for Photoshop. Despite the fact, that it was a single banana, it was much more than a single banana. I also managed to give the Banana that "Retro" feeling by adding color which therefore made it look almost the same as the album cover itself

4: My 3 rules of composition were Rule of Thirds, Depth of Field, and Background

5:

This is a picture of our Mission San Jose baseball field.
This picture illustrates Rule of Thirds and Depth of Field
                                                                                                                                                                   
6: Avoid the Middle
7: When you work in groups, there are many benefits. For example:

    1. When crossed with questions, your group can help you out with any needed information

    2. If I have no idea what to do, I can look around in my group and find out for myself what I am supposed to do. 
     3. Working as a group lets me, as a person accomplish more because we can divide it evenly and get an entire project done in a efficient amount of time
   4.I also get feedback on my work, so if my work is not up to par, then my group will let me know what to do better
    5. Lastly, working in a group also gives you motivation to work harder than your group, which is a key to success. =)

8. Some difficulties of working a group include:

1. Arguing over small things
2. Not being able to agree on anything
3. Un-constructive criticism
4. Having to divide work, but everyone is complaining on what they want/do not want.
5. Sometimes have to wait for others to finish before being able to move on, on a certain task


9.


My favorite picture from one person in my class would be Rudy Estrada's picture of the Lion Statue (Eugene Atget 2)


A little history...

10. My photographer was Eugene Atget, and he took multiple pictures of the street of paris. His pictures were always used by people when they want to go around Paris

11. Dorothy Lane's most popular photo was her Migrant Mother's photo. This photo was taken in 1936 in Nipomo,CA. She was in the Resettlement Administration

12. Life Magazine was published November 23rd 1936

13. Elvis was born January 8th 1935

14. Robert Kappa was the founder of Magnum Photos in 1947


                                               

2 comments: